Monday 7 March 2011

Burda 8153


First and foremost THE SUN  IS SHINING TODAY – apart from the fact there is a cold chill in the air, today looks like a spring day outside – the sun is shining and the birds are singing for all they are worth which is enough to cheer you up.  On to sewing things:-
So having spent the past 2 weekends creating a cot set and Helen the Hippo for my DGD Alana,  I cut out this Burda 8153 pattern last night ready to start today.
 
I love the fact that you can add the frill on separately which doubles the variations to one blouse (a tick in my book).

So now what fabric to use, I have some stretch cotton mix which will be great, and the shirting fabric I bought in Dubai shown here.


When I was on the sewing course with Gill, I purchased some of the shirt interfacing which will give a lovely crisp finish to the collar and cuffs.

All the comments on Pattern Review
for this pattern where good, most of ladies had made up to 4 variations of this shirt. 
This pattern uses 2.05m of fabric so I should have enough.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment