Tuesday 3 May 2011

Painting a House is like having a baby, once you start you can't stop.

I think painting a house is like having a baby, once you start you can't stop!!! Having plastered the walls and put on the "miss coat" (think that's the term) the diluted first coat of emulsion paint, I was ready to put the colour coat on the walls.

My D Mike managed to put two coats on the ceiling (lounge only - another 3 rooms to do) and said he can still see white spots on his eyes - I managed to get 90% of the walls in the lounge with the 1st coat of colour.  I was painting until around 8pm last night (I just wanted to get as far as possible - and once I had a shower my whole body said enough is enough and reminded me of every stroke I had painted with muscle ache.

I take my hat off to all plasterers and painters and decorators because its hard work.

Painting will have to come to a halt as I am back at work today and will not be able to do any more until Thursday night/Friday night and the weekend now.

Once the painting has been done - I have to sort through everything before putting stuff back - that is a frightening thought - this is definitely THE BIG SPRING CLEAN.


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely, painting/plastering is hard work. I'm sure it will all be worth it though.
    Glad to find your blog, I've seen your posts over at Perfect Sew & Fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, thank you - I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, however I now have 7x Roman Blinds to make :-(

    ReplyDelete