Saturday 2 July 2011

Meeting Friends from the Stitcher's Guild

Friday I arranged to meet up with Elizabeth aka ejv from the Sewing Discussion at Stitcher's Guild Sewing ForumWe had exchanged a few e.mails and found out that we will almost be neighbours when I move into London in what will only be a matter of a few weeks.

As mentioned in my earlier blog I was already going to London for some leaving drinks so arrived early to meet with Elizabeth and her delightful little daughter.

The planned meeting place was outside WHS at Liverpool Street station where we would also see if we could pick up the latest Burda magazine.  I arrived before Elizabeth and thought I would see if I could find the magazine - to my horror there were only two copies left, so rather than buy mine and find that by the time Elizabeth arrived that the other one had gone, I thought I had better get them both.

Elizabeth had her bike with her so after a coffee, and fleeting glance through the Burda magazine we wandered down Bishopsgate to my D Mike's office to retrieve the bike keys so I could use one of the London's free bikes and cycle off to some of Elizabeth's fabric haunts.

We cycled to Dalston Mill.  This is a real treasure find - not so cheap as my normal market finds, but boy do they have some great fabrics.  I purchased some white jersey and some later in the actual market some nice melon coloured cotton.  Dalston Mill have some great cashmere and I am really tempted to buy some for a cashmere coat for the winter.

On our way back to the city, we stopped off at a great haberdashery shop which I will definitely visit again soon when I have more time.

Thanks Elizabeth - we had a great time and I look forward to many more adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun day. I wish I knew someone else who loves sewing as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete