Wednesday 17 August 2011

Butterick 5365 blouse





Pattern Description:
MISSES'/WOMEN'S BLOUSE: These relaxed fit blouses A, B are designed for fluid, drapey fabrics and have a two-piece banded collar. A: tucks from the shoulder, short sleeves with mock cuffs. B: darts from the neckline, long sleeves gathered to buttoned cuffs. Wear either of these blouses to add charm to your favorite jeans or team them with a stylish jacket.

Pattern Sizing:
Combinations: Miss (XS-S-M-L-XL), Woman (XXL-1X-2X-3X-4X-5X-6X)
MULTI-SIZED FOR CUSTOM FIT ...I cut Miss M


Fabric I Used:
synthetic mix from Walthamstow Market.

Total cost: £1.50

Time to Make: 4 hours approx

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
nothing to like or dislike really this is quite an easy pattern.






Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes they were.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I added my usual FBA and broad back - should have made the blouse a little longer (I prefer them longer) but I was sort of rushing and forgot until it was too late.  However saying that its still fine and can be worn tucked in or worn out.

One extra change I made was the addition of a tie - I basically took a 6" wide piece of fabric cut across the grain and folded it in half, stitched
 and turned it right-side out.  I can just add it if I want to give a different look to the blouse.


Notions, tools etc: A, B: 5/8" Buttons: Seven for A and Nine for B. (I am still using up some lovely pearl buttons I purchased as a job lot off ebay)

Fabric: 1 1/4 yds of 60" wide fabric.
Thread: polyester thread
Machines: Babylock Evolution serger, Bernina 440 sewing machine

Conclusion:
This pattern was quick and easy to make.  The cuff sleeves were very easy and just gives me something different from some of the other blouses I have made recently but if you were to ask me me would I make this again, I am not sure I would because it's just OK rather than I love it.

Still lots more patterns to make up and lots more stash to sew yippeeeee.


This blouse will work well with my Navy Blue pants I made recently and will also sit well with my melon and grey colour scheme for the 2011 6-piece Autumn Collection (6PAC) sew-along (between August and October) on the Stitcher's Guild forum.





6 comments: