Friday 5 August 2011

Simplicity 4190 simple sheath

I am on a roll today - this is the 2nd item I have finished today - it is Simplicity 4190 and its the first part of a two piece that I intend making.



Simplicity 4190

Pattern Description: 

Misses'/Women's Design Your Own Dress in Two Lengths or Tunic, Cropped Pants and Bag. I
made the tunic without sleeves.  


Pattern Sizing: 8- 18 (I made a size 14)



Fabric I Used:
Linen mix purchased from my local market at £2.10 per metre

Total cost: £3.00

Time to Make: 3 hours

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This exactly what I was looking for a nice little sleeveless top that I could wear over cropped trousers/pants (next on the list to make). 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes very good.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I did my normal FBA and broad/sway back adjustments other than that, followed the pattern.  I also used my Janome to embroider a design on the front - I really want to make a shaped embroidery that follows the line of the neck, still on my to-do list but this is a good compromise.

Notions, tools etc:-
Fabric: linen mix
Thread: normal serger thread in the serger and Madeira for the coral embroidery
Machines: Janome 350e embroidery machine, Bernina 440 sewing machine.

Conclusion
The pattern gives you various options, which I am sure I will take advantage of.  There is also a sweet little bag that goes with this so I am tempted to embroider a piece of fabric all over to make this.

I have some new Hobbs tan/coral sandals that will look perfect with this.

Another outfit ideal for my trip to Houston

2 comments:

  1. Love your embroidered shirt...you're coming to Houston? You must go to High Fashion fabrics downtown. They have a really nice fabric selection. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have done with this top.

    ReplyDelete