Sunday 30 October 2011

Babysitting Alana

My son called me yesterday afternoon as said "will you be able to babysit Alana tonight as we have been invited to a party".  Well of course I said yes - its great to have her to ourselves.


My D Mike and I were finishing off the headboard (just so we could clear the table).  She is now 15 months old, so she was actually quite happy to sit on a big chair, with all her ducks, while we ate our dinner, which she was happy to share despite having ate her own dinner earlier.


The evening was fine and eventually she fell asleep ready for bed at 8:45pm.  So far so good, we watched a little more TV and then went to bed ourselves.


Because I don't have a baby monitoring system in my house I set up the travel cot in my bedroom.  I have always been a light sleeper so I spent most of the night listening to her moving around in her cot until she woke up this morning at more or less the time her dad predicted, however............  What Alana didn't know was that the clocks went back an hour last night, so instead of her waking up at 7:30-8am, she woke up at 6:30am.


So we are both sitting watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - happy days.


I was reading one the blogs I love to follow La Sewista and Bunny is making a beautiful little dress right now - I have made Alana a pink hippo and a quilt for her Moses basket, but have yet to make her some outfits - I have some patterns, so very much on my list.


Here are some photo taken this morning - I love being a Nanna.





W



And sitting watching TV with Granddad Mike or GUMY



Its 7:20am on a Sunday morning, so time for a cup of tea.


More later...............

No comments:

Post a Comment