Sunday 12 February 2012

McCalls 6435 - Misses top

Yesterday I managed to be quite productive and sewed McCalls 6435 misses top in a nice textured knit.


Misses' Tops: Close fitting, pullover tops have neck and sleeve length variations.  A,B: Heart shaped yoke.  C,D: Asymmetrical shaped yoke.  Designed for light and medium weight moderate stretch knits only.




 I selected the heart shaped yoke, but because I used the same fabric throughout I joined the back yoke and back pieces together  omitting the seam.

I added some narrow pink ribbon to outline the heart shape too just to give some more definition.

One extra addition I made was to add a self bias trim to the neck edge.  The pattern called for the neck edge just to be folded over, but I wanted something more defined.  I simply cut a 1 1/2" bias strip,  measured the required length needed , joined the edges together folded it wrong sides together and then serged it to the neck edge.


Here is a close-up of the fabric which isn't quite so obvious in the full-length photo.
And here is your's truly modelling it complete with Ugg boots to keep my toes warm - it looks like I have the shortest legs in the world!!!!!.

I also finished my Issey tunic so I will post that separately in the next blog.

Catch you later...................... 





4 comments:

  1. A very nice top in a sunny colour. It looks great on you.

    I don't blame you for wearing Ugg boots to keep your feet warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way your top turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many kinds of clothes for women and girls available in the market but i like this misses tops. Its design is really too good. It is perfect for the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always searching for clothes in which their kids look beautiful. You are looking so cool in this top. I excited for buy this.

    ReplyDelete