Sunday 12 February 2012

McCalls 6444 with Jalie 2805


Misses' Unlined Jackets and Vest: loose fitting jacket/vest have draped fronts where wrong side of fabric will show and stitched shaped hems.  A.B: fronts extends into shawl collar.  B: side opening patch pocket.  C,D: hood and top opening patch pockets.



Here I have used McCalls 6444 with Jalie 2805 to make a twinset.  I have used this baby blue soft cotton knit before because I bought quite a bit of it, and I wanted to try a different waterfall jacket and this is what I have come up with.



 I cut out a M but to be honest I think I should have cut out a small for the top and graded to a M for the hips.

This is a great quick sew.  Only 4 pieces and all done on the serger, however when I attached the back to the front I did use a large stitch length on the sewing machine to make sure I lined it up correctly.

I had enough fabric left over to make Jalie 2805 polo/turtle neck to wear underneath.

This fabric is soft to wear and washes so well, so these will be great additions to the wardrobe.

I cut out and made both of these today, so lovely quick projects.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous twin set. You sew incredibly fast and do such an amazing job. Enjoy wearing your new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good with the black trousers and boots. Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice waterfall cardigan and look very nice with the cosy top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really nice set - I am impressed with your speed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nifty. I love waterfall cardis and yours is great!

    ReplyDelete