Saturday 5 May 2012

How to make a Pin Pouch - You Tube tutorial


Hi Guys,

A couple of people asked for a tutorial on making the Pin Pouch so I made my first You Tube video.

If you are anything like me, I hate the recorded sound of my voice (sure its the same in real life too)  plus you don't realise how often you hmmm or er, and I didn't put any make-up on lol, however notwithstanding all the bad bits, I hope that this helps you all.

What you will need:-


  • Some card (approx 6" x 10")
  • Scrap fabric (I used some quilted fabric) approx 2 x 7" x 12"
  • Scrap fleece (not essential)
  • Elastic (approx 4" x 1" wide elastic)
  • Bias binding (approx 14" long)
  • Cord, tape, binding for neck strap. (cut to whatever length you want)


I am finishing off my  blue Burda dress and have been wearing my new pin pouch and I can't tell you how useful it is.

Hopefully my next post will be a photo shoot of my wedding outfit I am about to continue with finishing off the last bits I need to do by hand.

Catch you later...........


Part 1


Part 2


3 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea, I must make one. I hate the sound of my recorded voice also, but I think yours is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tute and your voice is lovely for teaching, very patient and calm.

    I am not crazy about my voice either. I think its more the inflection than the sound or tone. I never knew what I sounded like until I had to do a phone message recording. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your voice is wonderful. And the tutorial is fantastic. I'll have to make one after the bank holiday! What a great idea. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete