Sunday 6 January 2013

Birthday's, cards and sewing plans

First I have to start this post my wishing my baby happy birthday - I can't believe my she is 26 years old today - my where does the time go.  She is now expecting her first baby in May, adding to our ever growing brood.

This morning was dedicated to cooking a roast beef and Yorkshire pudding for Lauren's birthday lunch, so it was difficult for me to start any sewing.

I wanted to make birthday cards (another hobby of mine) for both her and my twin sister for next week so I decided to dig out my card making equipment and sit at the kitchen table and make some cards.  For these particular cards I used decoupage kits, which is somewhat quicker than cutting out all of the layers with a very sharp knife, so they were just an assembly job.  I want to clear some of the space in the cabinet where these are stored so decided to make up two whole kits, resulting in about 20+ cards that are ready to go as and when I need them.

Here is a snapshot of some of the cards I made, sadly you can't see the 3D effect, but these should keep me stocked up for the ladies who need cards for a little while.



As mentioned yesterday I wanted to complete an outfit to wear for my birthday next weekend so I have cut out some grey fabric to make a pair of trousers/pants.  This fabric (probably purchased in Walthamstow) has a sort of knit texture to it and I thought it would also lend itself well to the Kwik Sew 2948 cardigan, in one of its longer versions to create a softer looking suit that I could wear for work.

So its cut out, and I just need to thread my sewing machine and serger with grey thread.

Catch you later....................



9 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards! You are a gal of many talents and a lot of energy ;-) I look forward to seeing your birthday outfit. Enjoy your day with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. You are so talented Pauline! Happy Birthday ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come your hours have 90 minutes instead of 60, like the rest of us? That's the only way you could do all you do! Lovely cards, looking forward to seeing your "birthday suit"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Margy -- how come my hour has 22 minutes (a comedy with Rick Mercer). You get so much done in such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your baby and Happy birthday to you next week..[Hope you get your bday out fit made]
    Love the pretty cards.. Such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are gorgeous! Great idea to whip up a few extras to have on standby throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Lauren... And I will come back to wish u happy birthday. I hope you can make your dress in time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated happy birthday to Lauren. Nice cards!

    ReplyDelete