Sunday 23 June 2013

Sew Today Magazine - article on my wedding sewing

Yesterday's post landed on the porch floor and included one of my sewing magazine subscriptions, "Sew Today" which I think is like the UK version of the US Vogue Patterns magazine.  To my utter surprise look what I found inside, my photographs I sent in for their "what are you sewing" article.

We had lunch with some of the guys who are in the photograph below, and they said "wow, we have made the big time in Sew Today magazine who would have thought" - they just don't understand ha ha.

We did have a wonderful day, and I would be telling lies if I said that our wedding was done on a budget, but I can confirm that I made 9 dresses in total, and the total cost was less than £450, and when I compared my dresses to a bridesmaid dress I saw in one of the local department stores, which was limp, factory made, and costing over £100 for a little 3yr old, I was really glad I made the decision to sew my own.

For those of you having this dilemma  I urge you to do it.  It is hard work, but you will have created something unique and have the pleasure of knowing that if you want to, you can sew something wonderful on a budget.

Talking of attitudes to people, and charity etc, Ruth, from the blog Corecouture  has just written a very thought provoking post this week, which I urge you all to read.  I won't repeat her thoughts here (you can read them yourself), but it does make you think.

For the record, I never just throw clothing or anything else away, that could help someone else.  We all accumulate a lot of possessions over the years, myself included, and I always take unwanted items to the charity shop in the hope it will provide an income for the charity concerned, and a cheap item for the person who needs it, and I know that many of you do the same.

I hope you have had a good weekend.

Catch you later..................

23 comments:

  1. How wonderful you should be documented in the magazine! You do amazing work and all designs looked amazing. Such an inspiration. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special! And so soon after the wedding already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sigrid I was really pleased to see the issue with my work in it.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What an honor and recognition! Imagine your grandchildren going through your photos years from now, how utterly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I hope so, but with 4 granddaughters and a daughter I am going to be making lots of wedding dresses lol

      Delete
  4. I hope this is repeated in Vogue Pattern Magazine, I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, how thrilling for you! Well deserved recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! I'm so excited for you Pauline! What a thrill it must be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well in our small/large sewing world a sewing magazine is HUGE for us - like making the 10pm news ha ha

      Delete
  9. This really is exciting news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You deserved to be included in this magazine with the amazing sewing you did for your wedding. Again, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely little extra memento of your wedding. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. visit this site right here e6s21t8h10 high end replica bags replica bags reddit replica ysl bags australia visite site n9b31n4i68 replica bags in bangkok pop over to this website m5y55h1g26 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags in pakistan

    ReplyDelete