Monday 3 June 2013

Sewing Machine for Alana

Alana will be 3 years old in July and whenever she comes to stay with me, she always comes upstairs and likes to help me.  She loves to pick up the pins and put them in the pin cushion, or to sit on my lap when I am sewing.

Yesterday her mum asked me to shorten a dress for her.  She followed us upstairs and immediately went to the pin cushion and her mum said "Alana, no be careful".  I replied, its ok she always plays with them, and Alana also said "its ok I always do it", ha ha.

I had mentioned to her Saturday, perhaps Nanna P should get you a little sewing machine, and yesterday she repeated this to me and said have you got me a little sewing machine.

With this in mind I had a quick look on ebay and managed to win this little machine yesterday


It has a hand wheel which I think will be much safer for her to use and can't wait for it to arrive.  We have a triple swing in mind for the girl's birthdays, because its Alana's and Ella's (our other granddaughter) birthdays both in July, but I somehow think that Alana will love this little machine.

Right off to work.  Catch you later...............

6 comments:

  1. And another generation of little sewers is born - great idea, Nanna P! She will just love this...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great machine! I'm sure she will enjoy it, especially with Nanna P teaching her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute!! You are the best grandmother, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest thing! Alana is a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I hope it is a hit with her and a great start to future sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great little machine for Alana. When she is done with it, display it in your sewing room as it so neat.

    ReplyDelete