Sunday 8 June 2014

Some sewing at last.

Hi Everyone

We have had a glorious weekend here, the sun was shining and it was truly beautiful.

I spent a great deal of time filling my raised beds with topsoil and compost, weeding, watering etc., but I decided to make a start on a birthday gift for my best friend .

She loves her chickens so I decided to make her an applique/thread painted picture of a cockerel/Rooster.

I used some embroidered black quilting fabric for the body, and one of the embellished parts of the fabric cried out to become the bird's tail.  All other fabrics were in my scraps box and this was done without using a hoop.

I now need to find a frame, and a double mount to complete the picture and this will be presented with some hand-made chocolates for her birthday.

I am so pleased with this, I now want to make one for myself.......





Last but not least, all the chicken eggs have now hatched, and we have 7 adorable babies, but they are growing up so fast.  I am not sure how many girls we have, fingers crossed on that one.


I do need to do some me sewing this week.  I have a business trip to Paris week after next, and I am going to the opera with my friend who will be the recipient of the picture, so I would like to make something new to wear to these events.

Catch you all later..................


5 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the cockerel. I am sure your friend is going to be delighted with it. Can't wait to see what you will make for yourself for your trip to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky friend to receive such a creative gift! Love the little chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture of the cockerel is so nice! I'm sure your friend will appreciate this and the chocolates, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love baby chicks! Reminds me of my childhood. You did a fabulous job on the gift. I am certain it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete